Preclinical research services
We are proud to offer our best expertise and 1st-class preclinical services to your organization.
ChemRar provides a range of in vitro ADME/T assays to evaluate and improve metabolism, bioavailability, pharmacology, and toxicology characteristics of screening compounds during early stages of hit expansion and lead optimization.
For in vivo studies ChemRar offers:
- Pharmacokinetics, tissue distribution, excretion
- Routes of administration: PO, IM, IP, IV, SC, inhalation, topical
- In vivo Efficacy Models (CNS, Oncology, Inflammation, etc)
- Preliminary tox studies (dose-range finding, MTD)
- Regulatory Toxicity Studies including formulation analysis and toxicokinetics
- Animals: mice and rats (in-house), rabbits, dogs, monkeys (with partners)
ChemRar has developed a large number of animal models that are offered as a service to our clients. Areas of specialization include CNS (psychiatric and neurological diseases); metabolic and diabetes; oncology; infectious diseases and cardiovascular disorders. We are constantly adding to these model systems and our experienced pharmacologists will be pleased to discuss your needs. All model systems are fully validated and follow SOPs. Full compliance with the humane treatment of animals is respected for all studies and they are conducted in state-of-the-art facilities according to regulatory guidelines.
The following tests are run routinely and are fully validated.
Many additional models can be provided on request:
- Open field test
- Rota-rod test
- Cross-maze test
Memory Impairment tests
- Water maze test (Morris test)
- Passive avoidance
- Novel object recognition test
Learning & Memory with Aged Animals
- Radial Arm Maze
- Morris Water Maze
Anxiety & Fear
- Elevated Plus Maze
- Shock Probe
- Light / Dark Box
- Passive Shock Avoidance
Psychomotor Behavior & Coordination
- Excitation & Sedation
- Stereotype Behavior
- Catalepsy Test
- Acoustic startle response test
- Tilt Plane / Righting Reflex
Basic Pharmacology & Physiology
CNS-mediated Eating Disorders. Obesity.
- Irwin Test
- Blood Samples
- Metabolic Cages
Drug Abuse & Dependence
- Conditioned Place Preference
Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- Animal Models for Addiction Development
- Loss of Control
Anti-depressant Activity Tests
- Porsolt forced swim test
- Tail suspension test
- Elevated platform
MPTP-induced motor impairment model
Oncology in vivo
- Culture and inoculation of tumor cell lines
- Monitoring and measurement of tumor growth
- Administration of therapeutic or preventative dosing protocols
- Excision and collection of tumors
- Necropsy with observation for sites
- “Tumor Growth” – initial studies to determine tumor growth rate in nude mice
- “Tumor Production” – production of tumor-bearing mice for collection of tumors or performance of therapeutic studies.
Please contact our team to discuss your specific needs and application.